POISON IVY: EXTRACT


Image result for photos of poison ivy
This is what it looks like here in Missouri, even looks ugly.

How many of you grew up allergic to Poison Ivy or Poison Oak and Sumac?   If you are like me you didn’t need to walk in it to get infected.  If the wind blew through the poisonous plant in my direction, I got it.   The saying “Leaves of three, let it be” didn’t work for me.   I played golf, frequently during the summer during my teen and twenties…that is where I usually came in contact with the miserable menace.  I didn’t need to leave the fairway to end up with an itch later in the night or next couple of days. I developed the habit of showering as soon as I got home, it helped, a little.  Wash the clothes immediately……..don’t burn them the smoke only spreads the rash.   Just kidding about burning my clothes.   However, a point…….if someone is burning brush, stay away from the smoke, if the ivy is in the brush the poison is in the smoke.   In Missouri, poison ivy is so bad, many courses spray to destroy the plant.   That doesn’t always work either.

Here is my purpose for this post:   My father worked for a utility company (Union Electric/became Ameren UE).   When I was about 19 years of age, he brought home a small vial of poison ivy extract.  He was tired of watching me suffer every Spring and Summer.  I am not certain what all was mixed with it; but,  you mixed it with an 8 ounce glass of water, then drank it.   The first dose I took I’ll have to admit was a little nervy.   I was drinking what I was allergic to.   The next day, repeat the mixture.   That was it!   I didn’t get so much of an itch.   This immunity lasted nearly 20 years.  Then one day I broke out into a rash with the ugly bumps (blisters).   I recognized the cause immediately.   However, it was very slight……..put a little Calamine lotion on it, and was dried up in a couple of days.   Yesterdays post I mentioned, I have the blisters again…….yep, golf course.   Not as bad as when I was a young boy, but worse than the slight breakout.   Annoying!

The vial of extract worked, problem was the FDA (government) never approved of this preventive (not treatment, prevention) medical wonder.   I know some people may have a different reaction taking it than others, but that is true in all drugs.   We don’t look for cures or preventive answers, oh the scientists and researchers do, but then a government agency screws it up.   God forbid we ask the drug companies to distribute or make available cures and prevention, when keeping people sick or ailing temporarily is more profitable.   The immunity to poison ivy that worked on me was no longer available after that Summer, thank God I never needed it……..until now.

There are pills and liquid forms of extract available, but they don’t work like the one I mentioned above.

You can do this (next paragraph), if you want to go the 30 days twice a day. Helps the pharmaceutical companies, after all that’s what NOT finding cures or prevention is all about.

The best use for this particular homepathic remedy is in March or April start taking the Rhus Tox 30X twice a day for 30 days to build up an immunity to the Poison Ivy/Poison Oak/Poison Sumac. Then, if you get a case of it take the Rhus Tox 30X 3-times a day until it clears.

Its Spring, its warming up……..good luck!

Advertisements

6 thoughts on “POISON IVY: EXTRACT”

  1. I have worked around poison oak all my life and never had a bad reaction until several years ago, after clearing a large area of old growth poison oak. It went systemic after a couple of days of burning the cuttings. I got a shot to get it under control and the nurse at the time said there was nothing I could do but to avoid it in the future. Hard to do when you clear brush for a living. I discovered Oral Ivy and I take it daily(3-5 drops in a little water), in season or not. I still work in and around poison oak regularly and have not had an outbreak since. Don’t think I will ever burn it again!

    Liked by 1 person

    1. I know burning is one of the worse things you can do; it seems to magnify, make it stronger, puts it in the air. Hard to not burn brush sometimes, just gotta check and see if the plants are in it. Of course if I checked and found some, I get exposed. The crap is difficult to avoid. The Oral Ivy you mentioned may be a diluted version of what my dad gave me, that the FDA wouldn’t approve. Might be why you have to take it more often. Would be worth the try! I also heard someone say their grandmother gave them a couple of poison ivy leaves to eat……but never said it worked. That is pretty extreme, won’t go there. I heard also, people rubbing the leaves on their chest and even eating to prove they weren’t allergic; only to find out yes they were!

      Liked by 1 person

      1. Burning it puts it in your blood stream, so you tend to break out in areas that may not have come in direct contact with the plant. It’s more like a severe sunburn, rather than the usual blisters you get from direct contact.

        Yes, the Oral Ivy is a diluted version of Rhus Tox 30X(HPUS). A 1 ounce bottle costs under $10 and lasts me almost a year. It’s well worth the cost…especially if it keeps you from having to chew the cud!

        Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s