No, I didn’t want the subject of Medicare to be my Arlin Report Thought of the Day post. So, it is not…..besides, its become more than a daily thought. I have reached the time of my life I am approaching 65. I have to sign up for Medicare. I have an appointment set for next month with a so-called Medicare/retirement planner. Right there sounds like an, “invest with me” trap. Actually, she is only going to advise me on how to approach this. When do I have to give up my health insurance with my employer (if at all) and all kinds of questions. I have also been giving retirement more thought as well. Not this year but probably, or possibly next year at 66. I don’t feel and I have been told I don’t look that old. Good!
Ahhh….RETIREMENT! 🙂 What to do……?
- More golf! definite (When I was a kid a friend of mine and I would go play golf, take our fishing rods, throw a line in the lake with chicken liver, let it set…..go play a few holes of golf and check the lines when we came back around). We caught fish and played golf.
- Oh, I must be approaching retirement, am going to Bass Pro Shop today to buy a new (a couple) of fishing rod and reels. I haven’t fished (except for the deep-sea fishing trip last spring) in years. Gotta put some food on the table (retirement money saver)! Can take the grandkids fishing (even the lone granddaughter). There are 2 that probably won’t learn to fish unless they go with Grandpa.
- Did I say more golf??
- Part time job…….possibly, I don’t know (whats the point in retiring)?
- Honey do’s (I’ve been told there will be some). Maybe I retire at 67……….kidding.
- Some travel……..with the clubs and fishing equipment of course.
- To be determined…….some things must be left open!! Retirement: A chance to re-live your childhood…..but get it right!